Thursday 14 October 2010

Evaluation

My media product uses conventions of a real media product as it concludes the following:
It has a mast head on the front page at the top, the tittle is in italian to be unique and to grab the audiences attention. Also I have used a much larger font on the mast head as it is the main attraction to the front cover.
Two other things that I have used in this magazine that any other normal magazine uses is an issue number and the date when it came out, this is mostly under the mast head also I have put it in a black font so it stands out so that people can see what issue number it is to see if they are behind on their daily magazine they get.

Every magazine has a barcode this is improtant for a magazine to include it on there front cover. Its mostly on the bottom on the left or the right side of the magazine, I have put my barcode on the bottom right hand side of the magazine.
My main image is a sixform girl from weatherhead holding a piece of paper that is ment to be her results she got for 2010. The girl is really happy with her results and holding the piece of paper up with joy!
Around the main image I have put my coverlines, every magazine has at least 7+ coverlines on their front page. The coverlines I have used are baised around school and the pupils of this school, the coverlines include Interviews with students/Staff and also reports from it.

To make my magazine I used photoshop, i used this in year 10 but using it now has helped me recap on how to use it, and i am now confident to use it on my main task. To make my Contents page i used a new programme called QuarkXPress, this was new to me but after using it after a number of times i got the hang of it and can now use it in the future.
I think my background of my magazine isnt reay good, as it is just one block colour I would of preferd it if it was to different shades, still colours that consist with my magazine colours. However I liked the font I used for the writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment